Home > internal medicine > Carbon disulfide poisoning

Carbon disulfide poisoning

Carbon disulfide is a colorless and volatile liquid. It is a widely used chemical solvent in industry. It is also used in viscose fiber, carbon tetrachloride, pesticide production and so on. Carbon disulfide enters the human body through the respiratory tract and can also be absorbed through the skin and gastrointestinal tract. After poisoning, neuropsychiatric symptoms occur, and in severe cases, brain edema, coma, respiratory failure and death occur. Individual can leave central and peripheral nerve damage. Chronic poisoning mainly damages the nervous and cardiovascular system.

Symptoms

Calcification of mitral annulus

Nitrogen dioxide poisoning

Mitral valve prolapse syndrome

Malignant hypertension

Malignant atrophic papulosis

Second degree atrioventricular block

Nausea and vomiting

Abdominal pain in children

Pancreatic insufficiency with neutropenia syndrome in children

Disaccharidase deficiency

Extra kidney

Malignant hypertensive arteriolar nephrosclerosis

Enuresis in children

frontotemporal dementia

Frontal lobe epilepsy

Stuttering in children

Children with learning disabilities

Sleep disorders in children

malignant lymphoma

Childhood hyperactivity syndrome

Common Health Issues

Health News